It’s just now 5:22pm, but I just got home from my day to the doctor – then picking up Nora and visiting with Heidi and then by the grocery...
WE GOT GREAT NEWS TODAY – Dr. Oliver was very pleased with the ultrasound and said there appears to be no indication or evidence of the babies being affected by my exposure to Fifth Disease!!! Praise the Lord!!!
Their weights are fantastic – Olivia now weighs 6 lb 1 oz and Paul Thomas is 5 lb and I forget the ounces – but Olivia is the largest, which is what we want..... and also she (Baby A) has turned and is head down!!! So it may be possible to do natural delivery after all. All of our prayers have been answered it seems!
After the ultrasound I changed rooms and was told to get undressed... when Dr. Oliver came in she said she had just arranged for us to have an appointment at the Medical Center in Pt. Arthur on Saturday June 9th b/c she wanted to make sure she would be able to be there and that their prenatal unit is level 3 where as in Orange they are only level 1.
But then after she performed the exam.... She said she "didn’t know"... I am already dilated 3 cm so it is possible I may not make it until June 9th! We will have to wait and see what happens.
The plans are to go to the hospital in Orange if I go into labor day or night on my own – otherwise if I can make it until the 9th – to show up at the Medical Center at 8am that morning. So we really don''t know what to expect at this point.
Last time with Nora, I was already dilated 3 cm on a Tuesday and she was born the following Wednesday.......so that is a little scary....to think that it could happen that fast....and has put is into panic mode almost.
I think tonight when David gets home from work he will be in the mood to finally help me with the baby’s room!!! Yeaaaaa! Dr. Oliver said to go ahead and pre-register with both hospitals this week and not wait until closer till June – so that is also another indication that it may be soon.
So, we’ll see – I do hope to make it until the 9th though even though for me I will be miserable until then – but it will give the baby’s lungs more time to develop and be able to function properly. I would hate to have to be discharged before they can come home with me.
I had David give me all of his phone numbers and I gave them to Heidi and want to give them to a few other frineds just incase anything were to happen during the day time while he was at work we would have a way to contact him.
None of these do I know by memory so I wrote them all down and put in my wallet too. It would be my luck that my cell phone battery would be dead at the time I needed it the most…
Well after picking up Nora, I went to Kroger and bought frozen lasagna for dinner so I better go get it started. I left all the doors open to the van and Nora sleeping – didn’t feel like lifting her out. I may try and take a nap during the 60 minutes it takes for the food to cook. The last two nights for me have been worse than normal – no sleep – heartburn so bad it has made me vomit....and then with that another mess to clean up off the floor b/c I can’t control my bladder when I am vomiting at 4:30am!
Hey, but on the bright side Heidi’s father-in-law had a walker he let me borrow today so now getting to the bathroom 4 times in the middle of the night may not be as painful for me as it has been!! That will come in so handy the next two weeks - Just wish I had thought of this about a month ago!
For everyone in KY reading this please share the news along that all is OK with the babies concerning the Fifth Disease. We are so greatful for all of your prayers - God is so GOOD!
Love from TX,